Get A Fast Estimate TodayRequest Now!
- Moving Details
- Other Details
- Contact Information
Moving From Zip Code
Moving To Zip Code
Current Residence Type/Size
Do you require storage?
If yes to above, do you require permanent or temporary storage?
We want to ensure that your move is successful and that both you and your possessions arrive safely at your final destination. With that in mind, we’d like to offer some tips in order to give you the best opportunity possible for a successful and damage-free move.
When lifting, stand close to the item with your feet shoulder width apart, elbows tucked in, and chin down. Always lift with your legs and not your back, keeping your back as straight and as vertical as possible. Don’t twist your back while carrying items. Have an available helper to assist in lifting of heavy items. Keep a firm grip on the object using the entire hand.
Preparing Your Belongings for Loading
Properly preparing your belongings before your move will help increase your chances of success and improve efficiency in the loading of the moving van. Here’s what we suggest:
- Defrost refrigerators 24-48 hours prior to loading. Hang a bag or nylon sock full of charcoal or coffee beans/grounds inside to prevent “musty” odors. Disconnect water/ice-maker lines and tape the cord to the back of the unit.
- Drain all water out of washing machines 24 hours prior to loading. Tip the washing machine backwards to drain as much water out as possible.
- Pack all trays from microwaves and glass shelves from refrigerators inside of a carton.
- Disassemble furniture such as kitchen tables, entertainment centers, bed frames/headboards/footboards, and dresser mirrors. For many, this will take more time than expected so it’s best to do prior to load day. Because of its lack of durability, furniture made of particle board material is only meant to be put together one-time, therefore, we recommend that you do not take it apart.
- Remove any shelves from furniture and place any hardware in a separate bag for reassembly at destination. Label the bag(s) for the item. Place all bag(s) in one carton for easy retrieval at destination.
- Stack or “stage” cartons based on size, in their respective rooms. Be sure that all cartons are labeled for their destination room location. Do not block doorways or walkways, as it will then be difficult to remove items during the loading process.